Edmund's before shot
So it's been over 8 months since I got this piece on Kijijii. For a while there I was just accumulating furniture to the point that my home became an uncomfortably crowded place to live in. Fortunately, I have wonderfully skilled and generous parents who built me a shed in my yard to store my "inventory" in. I am grateful to have folks in my life that support me doing something I'm passionate about.
First, I removed the two appliques that you can see the halo from on either side. They were ugly and made the piece look dated.
I washed this piece of furniture down with TSP. I'm not sure if it wasn't diluted enough but had I known it would create such an inconsistent finish I would have stripped instead.
I chose Amy Howard Chalk paint because of it's low prep requirements. Let's be honest though, I still sanded it after the TSP ate away too much finish.
Anyway, it's coming along beautifully, if not a little Beetle Juice influence.
More pictures to come soon!